The All-Campus Elections are run for students, by students.
What is ACEC?
ACEC is the All Campus Elections Commission. It is a student group advised by Student Unions and Activities, charged with facilitating the annual all campus elections. Each year, the Minnesota Student Association (MSA), Council of Graduate Students (COGS), Professional Student Government (PSG), and the Twin Cities delegation to the University Student Senate utilize ACEC to facilitate open and fair elections. ACEC assists in recruiting candidates, hosting debates, setting up the election, and enforcing the Election Rules.
ACEC is student-run. Undergraduate, graduate, and professional students can join ACEC as Commissioners who oversee election operations, and/or as Collaborators who assist in the execution of the election. More information about these roles is below.
The Commission exists for two purposes:
- To serve the student body at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities by facilitating open, fair, and professional all-campus elections such that the student body can elect their leaders and voice their opinions with confidence.
- To facilitate open, fair, and professional all-campus elections for constituent organizations, which may include any registered student group at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities utilizing ACEC to facilitate their elections and shall always include the Twin Cities delegation to the University Student Senate, Minnesota Student Association (MSA), Council of Graduate Students (COGS), and Professional Student Government (PSG).
ACEC's 2018-2019 Calendar
The Commission is led by five UMN student Commissioners. Each commissioner oversees a different aspect of the Commission.
Project Commissioner - Chairs the Rules Committee, oversees internal management of ACEC
Voter Engagement Commissioner - Chairs the Marketing and Outreach Committee, oversees the general promotion of elections
Organization Commissioner - Serves as a liaison between constituent organizations and ACEC
Media Commissioner - Coordinates communications for social media, news outlets, and candidates
Events Commissioner - Coordinates all events such as debates, town halls, get out the vote, and voting booths
The Commission relies on a team of Community Collaborators who assist in the general execution of the election. The Collaborators are students who want all-campus elections to succeed.
Collaborators perform tasks such as:
- Promote generally the all-campus elections
- Manage social media presence
- Manage candidate communications
- Strategize and execute event logistics
- Create and execute election marketing strategies
- PROJECT COMMISSIONER: TAIWO AREMU
- VOTER ENGAGEMENT COMMISSIONER: KIRAN MIRYALA
- ORGANIZATION COMMISSIONER: MICHAEL SUND
- MEDIA COMMISSIONER: ELLIE STIMMEL
- EVENTS COMMISSIONER: BRIANNA HANSON
2018-2019 COMMUNITY COLLABORATORS
- TIFFANY WANG
- HEATHER CHATTERTON